Saturday, May 29, 2010

An Amazing Day of Birth

The previous week and half I was having irregular contractions--especially at night and at work. On Thursday April 8 I woke at 4 am having a contraction. I went and used the restroom and tried to lay back down, however that didn't work. I tried to sit in the living room and read a book, but when another contraction came on I just about jumped out of my seat. I decided it was time to wake Trenton up at 4:45 am when the contractions continued to come. Shortly after we woke Kristen up to see what she thought. She was determined I was in labor, but did I fully believe her--NO! I had to call Mama and see what she thought. We decided we better go ahead and get ready since my contractions were only 5 minutes apart at this point. We showered and Kristen finished packing our bags--such a blessing to have her here otherwise we may not have made it to the hospital! Shortly after we were on our way to the hospital. However, we had to stop and get gas first since I didn't get it on the way home from work the day before! We finally arrived at the hospital at 8:30 am and the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. We made it to L&D and they decided that I was fully effaced and had an anterior rim left (practically dilated to 10). We made it to the room and did admission paperwork and started pushing within 45 minutes. We pushed for 29 minutes before Connor Ryan Zorn was born at 10:49 am. The funniest part was when he was placed on my abdomen the midwife told us he was a girl and then realized he was a boy right afterwards! The following pictures are from April 8--the day Connor was born!
Here is one of the last pictures of my belly. This was inbetween contractions. I told Trenton while he was taking these pictures that if we didn't leave for the hospital soon we weren't going to make it!
One of Connor and my first pictures together!
Connor Ryan Zorn
6 lbs 15.1 oz
19 3/4 inches long
Daddy and Connor's first picture together.
Our first family picture together! It is REALLY hard trying to get all 3 of us now! :)
Daddy changing Connor's diaper for the first time!
Nana and Connor's first picture together!
Grandpa Rick and Connor's first picture together!
Auntie Kristen and Connor's first picture together!
Auntie Kristen, Connor, Me, and Brennan
Brennan and Connor's first picture together! Only 5 1/2 weeks older--they will be trouble later!
Grandpa Jerry and Connor's first picture together!
MiMi and Connor's first picture together!

No comments: